Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday: Quote Day

Today is FRIDAY!!!

The beautiful, baseball filled weekend is almost here. My hope is to get your day (and weekend) off to a great start by sharing some quotes from two of baseball's most colorful characters. 

Baseball is full of poignant, effective and just plain funny quotes. 


It is only fitting that we start with arguably one of the most quoted baseball figures of all time, Yogi Berra.

"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

"I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house."

"You can observe a lot just by watching."

"Take it with a grin of salt."

"I'm a lucky guy and I'm happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary."


Babe Ruth is another one of my favorites...

"I won't be happy until we have every boy in America between the ages of six and sixteen wearing a glove and swinging a bat."

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime." 



For these and many more quotes check out baseball-almanac



Have a Great Weekend & Play Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment